Job Opening - Electrical Maintenance Training Specialist
Job Opening Announcement
Electrical Maintenance Training Specialist
Martech Media is a training services company that focuses on the electrical generation and delivery industries. Our staff is made up of a combination of technologists, project managers, and developers who possess the skills to develop and deliver a wide variety of technical training solutions. Employing individuals with industry experience gives us an unparalleled advantage in serving our clients.
Summary of Position:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop training material for power generating facilities and general industrial/manufacturing facilities
- Update technical material to reflect current regulations, best practices, and/or equipment upgrades.
- Evaluate and develop plant system descriptions and operating procedures.
- Guide animators in the development of media depicting equipment, processes, and procedures to better illustrate technical concepts.
- Generate learning assessments for the developed content to help the users meet the course objectives, including interactive exercise and final test questions.
- Deliver stand-up instruction when required.
- Develop apprentice and employee progression plans
Expertise pertaining to:
- Electrical theory, troubleshooting, and practical experience with maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial facility (Power Plants preferred)
- Appropriate degree and/or equivalent industry experience.
Preferences will be given to candidates that possess the following:
- Instructional Design Background
- Curriculum development and teaching/training experience
- Working knowledge of NERC regulations
DOE. Full-time w/ Vacation, Health, Life, and 401K
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: “Electrical Maintenance Training Specialist”
Under limited supervision, coordinates development and implementation of specialized training programs of a highly technical and sophisticated nature aimed at improving individual and organizational performance. Conducts needs assessments and designs, develops, tests, delivers and evaluates technical training programs for power generation and other industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, develops, and delivers sustainable strategic training and instructional programs, using instructor-led, train-the trainer, electronic/web-based, and/or multimedia training methods and formats.
- Provides strategic consulting in all aspects related to technical training for multiple clients and a variety of projects. Participates in the design, development and implementation of training programs of a broad organizational scope.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify and evaluate training requirements.
- Conducts or facilitates training programs, including classroom and hands-on training in multiple locations based on client needs.
- Participates in the development of training materials to include training handbooks, job aids, multimedia visual aids, web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures.
- Recommends and implements innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to technical training programs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs, utilizing appropriate data collection methods and procedures.
- Coordinates and performs administrative functions as necessary.
- Serves as point of contact for technology training needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Domestic and international travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Advanced analytical, technical writing and critical thinking skills are a must.
- Ability to interpret educational needs and develop effective instructional media solutions.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Proficient with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on technical writing, listening, and delivering effective training programs.
- Ability to consult with stakeholders to offer important technological and organizational feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to train adult learners in technical fields of study related to the specified industry.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing, walking, climbing stairs.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Job opening posted on July 31, 2019.