Job Opening - Technical Training Specialist
Technical Training Specialist
Martech Training Services is seeking an experienced Technical Training Specialist to join our training development team in The Woodlands, TX. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to identify training needs, develop training plans, and aid in the development of training content for operations and maintenance skills.
Summary of Position:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop training plans and material for power generating, process, and general industrial/manufacturing facilities
- Evaluate and develop plant system descriptions and operating procedures
- Guide animators in the development of media depicting equipment, processes, and procedures to better illustrate technical concepts
- Create learning assessments, including interactive exercise and final test questions, based on pre-existing and newly-developed technical content
- Deliver stand-up instruction when required
- Bachelor’s degree in education, training, or a related field; military training certification (Master Training Specialist, etc.); or a combination of equivalent experience and education
- Knowledge in industrial operations and maintenance
- Willingness to travel (10-15% as needed)
- Desire to learn updated technologies and practices in adjacent technical fields
- Must be self-motivated learner capable of quickly acquiring new knowledge with minimal outside instruction
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator, or instructional designer
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Electrical Maintenance or Operator background (Power Plant or Transmission preferred)
Full-time salaried position w/ Vacation, Health, Life, and 401K
Send resume to email@example.com
Subject: “Technical Training Specialist”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, develops, and delivers sustainable strategic training and instructional programs, using instructor-led, train-the trainer, electronic/web-based, and/or multimedia training methods and formats.
- Provides strategic consulting in all aspects related to technical training for multiple clients and a variety of projects.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify and evaluate training requirements.
- Conducts or facilitates training programs, including classroom and hands-on training in multiple locations based on client needs.
- Participates in the development of training materials to include training handbooks, job aids, multimedia visual aids, web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures.
- Recommends and implements innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to technical training programs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs, utilizing appropriate data collection methods and procedures.
- Coordinates and performs administrative functions as necessary.
- Serves as point of contact for technology training needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Domestic and international travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to interpret educational needs and develop effective instructional media solutions.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Proficient with productivity tools in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on technical writing, listening, and delivering effective training programs.
- Ability to consult with stakeholders to offer feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to train adult learners in technical fields of study
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing, walking, climbing stairs.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Posted August 7, 2019