Power Quality Training
405-01 Power Quality
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to discuss the nature of power supplied to electrical equipment and list circumstances that affect its quality.
- Define “power quality”
- List some wiring methods that will minimize harmonic frequencies
- Identify a cause of voltage sag
- List some means of protection against voltage spikes
- Describe unbalance in a three-phase four-wire system
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe problems that may arise in electrical systems due to harmonics. In addition, you will be able to identify the benefit of equipment with minimal harmonic distortion and discuss the wiring methods used to minimize the effects of harmonics.
- Discuss the increase of harmonics in electrical equipment and systems
- Describe harmonic frequency and explain how harmonic frequencies are caused
- Identify the difference between linear and non-linear loads
- Describe how motors react to harmonic currents
- Explain harmonic current reactions in transformers
- Describe problems harmonics cause in power systems
- Discuss total harmonic distortion and list ways to minimize harmonic distortion
405-03 High-voltage AC
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the values of high and ultra-high-voltage systems, common system components, and high and ultra-high specific measurement and testing considerations.
- Describe the basic concepts of high-voltage electricity
- Identify the common components used in high-voltage power systems
- Describe the basics of high-voltage measurement
- Describe common high-voltage testing procedures