Rigging, Lifting, and Elevated Work Surfaces Training
820-01 Scaffold Erection and Components
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the proper erecting sequence of scaffolding. You will be able to identify components used to build a scaffold and the different types of scaffolding used in many constructions projects.
- Explain an erecting sequence
- Describe the purpose of putlogs
- Explain the design of a rolling tower
- Explain the process to erect scaffold stair towers
- Describe the tube and clamp scaffold
- Explain the tube and clamp assembly
820-02 Rigging, Part 1
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and identify the classifications of wire ropes. You will learn to install wire ropes properly and the importance of inspections and lubrication.
- Describe the design of wire rope
- Explain non-rotating ropes
- Describe the proper installation of rope
- Explain rope inspection
- Describe the proper lubrication of ropes
820-03 Rigging, Part 2
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify types of fiber ropes and the applications where they are best used. In addition, you will be able to describe techniques for care and use of ropes.
- Describe the features of various natural fiber ropes
- Describe the features of various synthetic fiber ropes
- Discuss proper care of natural fiber and synthetic fiber ropes
- Explain the importance of good rope inspections
- Describe proper rope splicing techniques
- Describe various knots, bends, and hitches
- Identify which knots should be used for common applications
820-04 Rigging, Part 3
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and importance of several types of rigging hardware. In addition, you’ll be able to discuss appropriate applications for their use.
Describe the features and uses of each of the following:
- Drum assemblies
- Identify configurations associated with reeving
- Discuss the importance of inspections and other safety measures
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the design and function of several types of commonly used ladders. In addition, you will be able to describe proper care and safe use of ladders.
- List various types of rigid ladders and describe their use
- Explain the procedure for raising and handling a ladder
- Describe the factors that affect the service life of a fiberglass ladder
- Describe proper ladder handling, storage, transport, and maintenance
- Discuss how ladder selection, placement, and handling contribute to safe operation
820-06 Overhead Cranes
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and function of various types of overhead cranes. In addition, you will understand the importance of responsibilities related to the operation, inspection, and maintenance of overhead cranes.
- Identify different types of overhead cranes and describe their uses
- Explain the mechanics of an overhead crane
- Discuss the responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and operators
- List crane components and describe their functions
- Explain the benefits of a good inspection and maintenance program
820-07 Aerial Lift Devices
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the three main aerial lift designs and their components. You will also be able to use this knowledge to choose the design that best suits the work you are doing.
- Describe the design and use of boom lifts, scissor lifts, and vertical personnel lifts
- Identify some aerial lift features that provide convenience and facilitate efficient operation
- List the factors that influence your selection of an aerial lift for a specific application
- Explain the user’s responsibilities for aerial lift safety