Chain Drive Maintenance Training
211-01 Introduction to Chain Drives
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and function of typical chain drive systems.
- Explain the principles behind chain drive operations
- Define common terminology used when working with chain drives
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of chain drives to those of other drive systems
- List the common types of chains and sprockets used in chain drive systems
211-02 Chain Drive Maintenance and Troubleshooting
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe techniques for maintaining and troubleshooting chain drive systems in industrial facilities.
- Describe methods for determining appropriate chain length
- Describe procedures for proper installation of chains and sprockets
- List the four most common methods of chain lubrication
- Explain what to look for when inspecting chains and sprockets for wear
- Describe techniques for troubleshooting chain drive systems