Interconnection Reliability Operations and Coordination Training
381-05 Reliability Coordination — Planning and Operations
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the different aspects of BPS planning and operation and enact them in your facility to support stable system operations.
- Describe Bulk Power System (BPS) Planning for Reliability
- Describe the fundamental elements associated with a NERC directed Operating Plan
- Describe guidelines for long-term planning
- Describe System Reliability Characteristics and Guidelines for Bulk Power System Planning
- Describe Demand and Load Forecasting information and procedures
- Describe three methods of addressing demand uncertainty
381-06 Coordinating Entities and Duties
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the authority, plans, agreements, and responsibilities of the four NERC system operator classes. Additionally, you will be able to define the roles of Generator Operators (GO), Transmission Service Providers (TSP), Purchasing-Selling Entities (PSE), and other major reliability entities.
- Identify the purpose of IRO-001-1.1
- List the eight entities active in coordinating and conducting power transactions
- Identify the nine requirements of a Reliability Coordinator (RC) during transactions
- Identify common responsibilities of the four NERC system operator classes
- Explain the difference between the three levels of Non-Compliance in standard IRO-001-1.1