Calibration and Troubleshooting Training
609-01 Calibration Overview, Part 1
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain calibration and describe basic calibration methods and equipment.Discuss the three-point and five-point methods of calibration
- Discuss the three-point and five-point methods of calibration
- Identify pneumatic and electronic calibration equipment
- Discuss calibrating procedures for electronic and pneumatic calibration equipment
- Noisy signal
- I/P transducer
- Span (range)
- Live zero
609-02 Calibration Overview, Part 2
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to explain methods used to calibrate transducers, control valve positioners, and smart instruments.
- Discuss common methods of calibration
- Explain how to calibrate transducers and transmitters
- Describe smart instruments and common troubleshooting methods
- Discuss the steps to calibrate controllers and control valve positioners
- Smart instruments
- Impulse leg
609-03 Introduction to Troubleshooting
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe basic troubleshooting techniques for temperature, pressure, level, and flow equipment in the plant.
- List available resources that will help you troubleshoot a problem
- Describe the best way to read a gauge.
- Accuracy versus precision
609-04 Instrument Troubleshooting
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the basic steps used in instrument troubleshooting.
- Identify common causes of instrument malfunctions
- Discuss the value of troubleshooting, and outline the steps employed in successful troubleshooting
- Identify common sensors, and discuss the malfunctions often associated with each of them
- List the basic steps for troubleshooting an instrument on a control loop