243-01 Introduction to Hydraulics
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic components that comprise a typical hydraulic circuit and explain the function of each. In addition, you will be able to explain the use of hydraulic multiplication to increase the capacity of the hydraulic system.
- Describe the basic principle of hydraulics
- Explain the effect air can have on hydraulic systems
- Identify five components common to most hydraulic systems
- Describe two key considerations that must be taken into account when selecting a hydraulic pump
- Identify the two most common types of hydraulic circuits
243-02 Hydraulic Systems
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify and describe the purpose of the various components used in hydraulic circuits. In addition, you will be able to describe the components used to control flow through a hydraulic circuit.
- Describe four purposes the reservoir serves in a hydraulic circuit
- Identify the three most common types of pumps used in hydraulic circuits
- Explain the purpose control valves serve in a hydraulic circuit
- Describe the basic operation of a directional control valve
- Describe the purpose of the actuator in a hydraulic circuit
243-03 Hydraulic Fluids
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the three basic types of hydraulic fluids. In addition, you will be able to describe some of the considerations that need to be taken into account when selecting a hydraulic fluid for a specific hydraulic circuit.
- Define hydraulic fluids
- Identify the three basic categories of hydraulic fluids
- Identify the most important factor to consider when selecting a hydraulic fluid for a specific hydraulic circuit
- Discuss the difference between mono-grades and multi-grades
- Describe the three major causes of hydraulic fluid contamination