Biomass Energy Training
584-01 Introduction to Biomass Power Plants
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to define biomass and list common biomass fuels used in the production of electricity. You will also be able to describe biomass storage, fuel handling equipment and various configurations of biomass boilers.
- Define biomass
- List common sources of biomass fuels
- List advantages of biomass fuels over coal
- Describe fuel handling and storage equipment used in biomass power plant applications
- Describe the various boiler designs used in biomass plants
584-02 Biomass and Waste to Energy Power Plants
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the difference between mass burn and refuse derived fuel waste to energy plants. You will be able to describe the types of fuel and the fuel processing that takes place in these facilities. You will be able to describe the combustions systems utilized in these facilities.
- Define Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Define Refuse Derived Waste (RDF)
- Compare mass to flow RDF waste to energy facilities
- List undesirable components in MSW
- Describe the major components in the waste handling system of a waste to energy facility
- Describe the major components in the combustion system of a waste to energy facility