Boiler Fuel Systems Training
523-01 Boiler Fuel System Function
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the functions of the boiler fuel system and differentiate among types of boiler fuel systems.
- Explain the function of the boiler fuel system
- Describe various types of coal used in the fuel system
- Identify the conveyer, tripper, silo components, and path of a boiler feeder system
- Describe gravimetric feeder, its components, and its path
- Describe coal pulverizer components and path
- Explain the function of cyclone burner ports
- Identify and explain the tangentially fired boiler
523-02 Process and Methods of Control for the Boiler Fuel System
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the digital control system that regulates and automates the components of the boiler fuel system to attain specific setpoints and meet desired production loads.
- Describe fuel flow to the boiler
- Explain functional logic systems
- Describe logic subsystems
- Explain the operations of the fuel system process control loops
523-03 Boiler Fuel System Start-up
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to apply standard procedures for initiating the boiler fuel system components during start-up.
- Perform checks on the readiness of the seal air system, the pulverizers, and the feeders
- Perform checks on the oil and lubrication system of the boiler fuel supply system
- Apply start-up procedures for the pulverizers
- Adhere to feeder start permissives
523-04 Normal Operation of the Boiler Fuel Systems
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the normal operation of the components of the boiler fuel system.
- Assess normal operations of the pulverizers, including its seal air and lubrication components
- Describe and assess the normal operations of the silo and feeder systems
- Determine the primary and secondary air fans are operating properly during normal operations
523-05 Shutdown for the Boiler Fuel System
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the controlled and emergency shutdown procedures for the feeders and pulverizers.
- Apply procedures for the controlled shutdown of the feeders and pulverizers
- Adhere to procedures for the emergency shutdown of the boiler fuel system
- Initiate the extinguishing procedure for a pulverizer fire