711-01 Introduction to Distillation
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the theory of distillation and the configuration of a distillation column and its components.
- Correlate the distillation principle with separating hydrocarbon components of crude oil
- Recognize types of distillation
- Describe the equipment associated with fractional distillation
711-02 Start-up, Normal Operation, and Shutdown of a Distillation Column
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the start-up, normal operation, and shutdown of a distillation column.
- Important factors to monitor during normal operation of a distillation column
Define the following terms:
- Describe the steps of the startup of a distillation column
- Recognize the steps of the shutdown of a distillation column