Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety Training
116-01 Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to safely handle, store, and use gas cylinders. This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1910.253, 29 CFR 1926.350(d) and 29 CFR 1910.101.
- Identify and minimize hazards when handling and storing gas cylinders
- Describe the safety requirements of using pressure regulators and needle valves
- Safely test cylinders and connections for leaks
- Apply safe gas cylinder handling and use procedures to portable gas units.
- Meet the requirements prescribed in the gas cylinder inspection checklist