Crane Operations Safety Training
112-01 Crane and Hoist Safety
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe rules and responsibilities for the safe operation of cranes, hoists, and riggings; perform hand signals as well as perform a safety checklist for the operation of cranes and hoists.
This lesson satisfies the required training for OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910 179 (n)(3)(ix) and (o)(3).
- Identify operator responsibilities
- Recall general safety rules
- Describe operation rules
- Recall rigging safety requirements
- Identify relevant hand signals
- Describe a crane and hoist safety checklist