Materials Handling Training
108-01 Materials Handling and Storing Safety
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to minimize the risks of injury and illness by safe handling and storing materials in the workplace. This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA regulation 29 CFR 1910.178 - .180, Subpart N.
- Describe methods of materials handling in the workplace
- Apply safe lifting techniques
- Safely use non-powered trucks to handle materials
- Apply safety precautions when handling materials with or near powered industrial trucks
- Minimize risks and maximize efficiency when storing materials